Kosiv District Council
Kosiv District Council of Ivano-Frankivsk Region is a representative authority of local self-government representing the common interests of territorial communities of villages, settlements and town of Kosiv District within the limits of authority defined by the Constitution of Ukraine and current legislation. District Council consists of 40 deputies. There are 15 officials in the executive branch of the district council.Date of foundation of local authority– 1994.
The district council manages the objects of the communal property of the district; approves programs of socio-economic and cultural development of the region, including aimed at supporting and developing of the historical, cultural and natural heritage of the region; provides organizational and financial support in conducting cultural, artistic and sporting mass events in the district.
The experience of active participation of the KosivDistrict Council in the project activity began in 2011 when the first contest of local government development projects and programs was announced by the Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Council.
General information about the Kosiv district:
- was formed in September 17, 1939;
- is located on the foothills and lowlands of the Pokutski Carpathians;
- area – 902.9 sq. km; 6.5% of the territory of Ivano-Frankivsk region;
- district center – the town of Kosiv (8500people);
- distance from Kosiv to the regional center Ivano-Frankivskcity -91 km;
- distance from Kosiv to the nearest railway station in Kolomyia- 30 km;
- the population is 87.2 thousandpeople;
- the territory is rich in forests and water resources. 56% of the territory are forests (the total area of the forest fund is 44.2 thousand hectares);
- 60% of the territory of the district are settlements with a status of highland
Address: 78601majdan Nezalezhnosti,11, Kosiv town
Address: Telephone: +380 3478 24630, +380 3478 24640, +380 3478 24600
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org